Solved

Reservation without EURAIL PASS

• 17 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Dears,

I am wondering if it is possible to make reservation in advance before buying EURAIL PASS.

I heard that some trains require Pass number to make the reservation.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 October 2022, 21:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, yes it is possible but not for every train company. Not possible is it via eurail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What reservations do you want to make?

More or less all reservations can be done without a pass but some are more tricky than other.

What reservations do you want to make?

More or less all reservations can be done without a pass but some are more tricky than other.

This is a general question, for the benefit of all readers.

As for me, I am planning to travel accros Europe, I am concerned more about train reservation in Scandinavian countries.

I am wondering If there is a way to avoid pass number while making reservation in these trains.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am concerned more about train reservation in Scandinavian countries.

I am wondering If there is a way to avoid pass number while making reservation in these trains.

For Norway you call Entur and make the reservations. No pass number needed.

For Sweden you make the reservation at sj.se . They ask for a pass number but you can enter I or E and any 8 digits as there is no check of what you enter.

@ARAB ABDELHAMID Hi Arab, thank you for your question. Could you please let me know why would you want to buy passholder reservations before buying a Eurail Pass? If your intention to travel for a passholder fare without a pass you risk getting a fine.

Kind regards,

Annie

@ARAB ABDELHAMID Hi Arab, thank you for your question. Could you please let me know why would you want to buy passholder reservations before buying a Eurail Pass? If your intention to travel for a passholder fare without a pass you risk getting a fine.

Kind regards,

Annie

As i am planning to buy a paper pass while being in europe, i thought making a reservation in advance by 2 or 3 months would be a good idea to secure a place.

If I make the reservation after purchasing the pass 1 day before, I risk not to find a place to book.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ARAB ABDELHAMID There are not that many places in Europe where you can buy a paper pass in person so make sure in advance that you will be able to buy the pass as you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Some users here, have made an overview with tutorial where you can get reservations avoiding Eurail.com