reservations and manual journey entries

• 8 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have an Italy flexpass 8 days/1month in 1st class for 2 people. as we are travelling from Rome to Salerno, then Salerno to Tropea and back to Salerno, then from Salerno to Bari. Then Bari to Florence and finally Florence to Rome. I had to add all the journeys manually to my trip and then to our Passes. I know some of the trains we will be boarding dont have 1st class, but some portions of the journeys do have 1st class.And I would like to be able to choose seats if I can. How do I accomplish that feat? I booked the rail pass with Rail Europe and the have to use Eurail planner app to book the trains. It is not a simple thing to do, and I have no idea how to get to the Trenitalia site to choose or book seats as our Rail Pass PNR’s arent accepted by Trenitalia. Is there any way around this? I have been booking trains prior to Covid and i never had issues like those that appear with this rail planner app.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi you can easy book italian day trains via Austrian Railways. 

Use this tutorial: 

Note: local trains like Regionale or Regionale Veloce can’t be reserved. 

Most trains should be in the app, and you don’t have to add it manually. 

Badge

none of the trains I wanted showed up on the Rail Planner app. All journeys I wanted I went to directly to to Trenitalia. There were trains available on Rail Planner but not all that were offered by Trenitalia. Some on the rail Planner app were 7,8 or 9 hour rides whereas Trenitalia had the same destinations with faster and shorter times.,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you want help @Brian Hall you have to read my answer before. You have not to reserve via Eurail or the app, you can use also other companies, sometimes they cost less and work better then via Eurail, using an Eurail Pass. 

The Rail Planner app works offline, so timetables are not up-to-date.