Solved

Reservations. Enough time when making reservations in person?

Hi,

As it seem to be almost impossible to reserve seats in France and Spain, either it is not possible, or it is, or its just sent by post, how much time is needed to reserve in person?

For example, if I arrive in Perpignan the 15th June, will I most likely? be able to book reservation on a train from Perpignan to Zaragoza the 17th?(SNCF) I mean, that's almost 2 days from I arrive in Perpignan, till I leave.

Before Perpignan, I will be in Strasbourg for one night (14th-15th), if I go to the ticket office there (14th), will I be able to book reservations there? now its 3 days before?

is it not enough time? who are all these people booking up all reservations, in person! all over Europe? :)))

Im traveling with a small dog, so its making me a little bit extra stressed over the situation.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 May 2022, 23:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'd better book that reservation Perpignan - Zaragoza now, via SNCF by phone (press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservation is sent via e-mail).

For other possibilities, check this post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As about each&any newbee-they all seem to want to use exactly the most hard to get trains/REServ etc. Each&every day we have to tell a few dozen times that ESpana tops the bill in being very much passUNfriendly and then followed by FRance. The pass is not meant to cart off in hi-speed a few long sectors-but use the many by&sideways to discover unknown parts of this splendid continent. Even trusted old things named guidebooks (rough guides, LP, etc.) will still guide you to there!

You'd better book that reservation Perpignan - Zaragoza now, via SNCF by phone (press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservation is sent via e-mail).

For other possibilities, check this post.

Thank you.