Skip to main content
Solved

Reservations for trains between copenhagen and oslo

• 22 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am travelling between Copenhagen and Gothenburg, and then Gothenburg to Oslo, but the rail planner on the interail website doesn’t hold information for the trains I have found on the countries respective rail booking websites (Sweden and Norway). I want to know if I have to reserve seats on these routes, but also don’t seem to be able to find out on the other websites.

anyone know how to reserve seats on these routes?

thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations aren’t required nor possible. Hop on and sit wherever you want.

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi- thanks for the quick response.

I am travelling with a group of 5 other people. are you saying I can just turn up on the day and get on the train with my mobile pass? 

I travelled around Europe last year for 6 weeks with my family so I know how to use the pass. was just expecting to have to book seat reservations on this route as it seems like a major line.

thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The first train is counted as a long-distance suburban train so seat reservations aren’t possible at all. For the second train reservations might be possible but I haven’t found a way that works. Entur gives the following message:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel on Öresundståg from Copenhagen to Göteborg without reservation. Most seats on the train are not possible to reserve. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks all. Really appreciate the great collective knowledge and helpfulness here.

Best

Peter