Solved

Reservations Girona (Spain) - Paris Summer 2023

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey!

Last year we already traveled with interrail and thought we had everything under control…. I went this afternoon to the counter to book our first trip (already bought the interrail pass online) and they told me that it is no longer possible to reserver for trains going from spain to paris.

i tried throught the app (not working) and also in the sncf page (I do not know how to link the ticket to my interrail pass).

Can someone enlighten us 🙏?

Thanks in advance!

Marian

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 18 July 2023, 01:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes RENFE ticket counters cannot issue them anymore since SNCF ended their cooperation.

Usually you should be able to book them on interrail.eu (with 2€ booking fee per person) but due to a bug it doesn't work at the moment. Depending on your travel date either you wait a few days or call SNCF : https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

The TGV between Spain and France is incredibly popular and expensive as there are not many trains per day… it sells out well in advance.

When would you like to travel ? As long as you can buy regular tickets on sncf-connect, you are able to obtain seat reservations (25€ to south of France, 35€ to Paris).

2 alternatives if the TGVs is full :

- regional trains Girona - Cerbère - Montpellier/Nîmes + TGVs to Paris (10-20€)

- AVE Girona - Lyon (runs Friday-Monday until September)* + TGV to Paris

Btw reservations can never be made on the app, you're redirected elsewhere.

*this train should be available at a RENFE ticket counter for 10€. Do let us know if you go there, feedback much appreciated

Thank you very much! This was very helpful. We got our tickets in the phone number you linked and another one directly at the renfe counter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback ! How much did the International AVE cost if I may ask ?