Skip to main content

Hi,

I already read how it should work normally. But when I go to sj.se and enter the interrail numbers for our two adults (for the two kids it is not possible to enter), I get strange prices like “family offer” or super expensive first class reservations. And they change the longer the route is I want to book.

Any idea how I could solve this? Would it be possible to enter the train without reservation and ask the conductor?

One example: When I want to go this sunday von Karlstad to Trelleborg it could cost

1096 sek on 8:23 (family offer)

5010 sek on 8.23 (first class)

5010 sek on 10:15

664 sek on 12:23

Add the children as adults with Interrail discount. Otherwise SJ is selling you children tickets you don’t need!

Thank you. This changes prices, but I still get possibly wrong results, e g for Karlstad - Trelleborg this Sunday :

2044 sek

1440 sek

I used the generator of Interrail numbers for our second child (2 years old), no Interrail pass….

1 SJs reservation system can't handle if you include non SJ train in your search for Interrail reservations. They then charge fullprize for any non-SJ trains that should be free with Interrail. 

2 For the child without an Interrail pass you are not entitled to reserve a seat. The child must have a pass of its own to get a seat.

You first need to check the whole trip from Karlstad to Trelleborg. This you do at SJ where you also check which trains that are included in the trip you want to take. Then amend your search so that you only included the SJ train/s to get the correct reservation cost.

The reservation cost in 2nd class is 35 SEK for IC trains and 65 SEK for high speed trains, with Tågab reservations are optional and cost 33 SEK. The reservation cost is the same for everyone.