Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I've bought an Interrail Global Pass for 3 July - 10 July. I want to travel from Amsterdam to Prague and later from Prague to Munich, and from Munich back to Amsterdam.

However, there is one thing i don't understand. The website of the Deutsche Bahn says a reservation is required for every high speed rail as well as night trains. The travel plan of the Interrail website tells me i do not need to book a reservation, but that it is possible to do so.

However, i cannot add any train journey to the cart. The ‘add to cart’ button is not clickable:

Am i too late for booking? I have not received my pass yet, but i will get it within two weeks.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards

This train is a regional train and reservations should be not possible at all. But maybe possible via Czech Railways cd.cz

If you want you can book the trip from Amsterdam to Prague  and from Prague to Munich at the Czech Railway. That is the cheapest place to buy reservations at.

https://www.cd.cz/en/spojeni-a-jizdenka/#hledej

If you want you can book the trip from Amsterdam to Prague  and from Prague to Munich at the Czech Railway. That is the cheapest place to buy reservations at.

https://www.cd.cz/en/spojeni-a-jizdenka/#hledej

In this case the cheapest way is via German railways bahn.com because you pay for multiple trains reservation in a day 4€/person and not for every train extra. 

The website of the Deutsche Bahn says a reservation is required for every high speed rail as well as night trains.

I doubt it does. Reservation in Germany and Czechia is optional with very few exceptions.

Thank you all for your replies! I just want to make sure i can travel once i receive my Pass, and do not need to arrange anything extra - so that my Interrail Global Pass is sufficient. However, it's a bit difficult with all the different railway companies and the conflicting information. I will try a reservation at Deutsche Bahn now.

THIS train you canNOT reserve. Its an ALEX, which in Plzen HN will be coupled to more Cz cars to run onward do Prahy. Expect delays-they are working on the rails just south of Smichovske nadrazi (as I passed there last week).

IN DE you canNOT use FLIXtrain (the green low-cost ones) and REServ as such is always optional, except at the NightJet-then do via oebb.at. But it may be advisable for some busy times in those flashy white ICE. Trains labelled R or RB or RE (R=regional) can never be reserved (except to be deutsch überpünktlich-a few ¨Stammgast´ seats for season holders)