Solved

Reservations says Silent Compartment- Germany. How can we change it?

I booked train reservations for my family’s Frankfurt to Amsterdam leg of our trip. When looking to print the tickets, I realized they said silent compartment. We are traveling with children. Does anyone have any advice on how I can change these tickets? Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 02:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where did you book? You can do that in lots of places. In any case, Eurail is overpriced for optional reservations in/to/from Germany.

If you booked via DB, their reservations can't be changed or refunded (probably the same elsewhere but I didn't check). You'll have to book again. Via DB, you can select your seats from a map and also see if they're in a silent coach or not.

I booked directly through Eurail. I am ok with overpriced for convenience.

Thank you so much for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I booked directly through Eurail. I am ok with overpriced for convenience.

Eurail charges 8€ per person and train. DB charges €4 (€5.30 in 1st class) per person and journey (including all trains). Convenience can come at a high price here: at least the double price but possibly more, depending on how many trains there are in your journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF you booked via DB you should be able to change it-AND they also very clearly ask you before what type of car you would like (but cannot always garantee that it will be available).

Yes, silent means silent-I often use it and there are also-mostly indeed summertime-ignorant foreigners who cannot read nor have even the slightest idea how these things work. IN DE its also still maskwearing-about the ast of countries still wanting that

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

IF you booked via DB you should be able to change it-

No you can't. That was only possible for a short period.