Solved

Reserving beds on UK night train

• 16 April 2023
  • 4 replies

• New aboard
  • 0 replies

Hi all,
I’d like to take the night train from London Paddington to Cornwall Penzance. Unfortunately, I can not find the cabins ticket on interrail or acprail website. Few days ago, I saw this cabins option on interrail, but now it’s gone. Therefore, where can I buy the cabins ticket, not only seat ticket? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Al_G 16 April 2023, 12:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

See here : 

Unfortunately it doesn't look particularly easy but let us know how it goes !

Badge +5

You can only do it by phone at GWR. Bookings open 12 weeks before. Book as close to this as possible as there can be heavy demand. Otherwise a day train takes around 5 hours and it is a lovely ride. Personally I would take the day train and enjoy the scenery especially beyond Exeter

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only do it by phone at GWR.

Several people have tried and failed because GWR insist on a UK address.

Are there any other operators who sell these reservations by phone? Or do only GWR sell their own reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can only do it by phone at GWR.

Several people have tried and failed because GWR insist on a UK address.

Are there any other operators who sell these reservations by phone? Or do only GWR sell their own reservations?

Anyone with access to the British reservations system should be able to issue them, whether anyone else will do it over the phone is another matter.

I am not even sure which, if any, of the UK companies still run telephone sales.

You could try one of the few small independent ticket sellers. They may only be able to offer tickets by post though.

https://www.ba-rail.co.uk/national-rail is a seller that runs a small rail station ticket office.