Solved

Reserving seats for domestic trains in Spain

• 12 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

I understand that it’s not possible to book reservations for Spanish domestic routes online, but I’m hoping to clarify a question about alternatives. 

When I click on “other ways to book this seat reservation” in Eurail, one option is “Book in person at a main station in Europe.” For those who are more knowledgeable...is this really an option? If so, what counts as a “main station in Europe”?

For reference, we will be in London (and other UK cities) and Paris before arriving in Barcelona. We need to book seats for a Barcelona to Madrid train in late July, and we will be in Barcelona for a week before going to Madrid. 

Should I be trekking to main stations in Europe along the way to try to reserve seats, or do I just have to wait until I get to Barcelona to make a reservation? If I do wait, are we (party of 3) likely to be able to get reservations with only a week lead time? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 May 2023, 01:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here's a list of known options to book Spanish domestic trains:

For Barcelona-Madrid, it's sufficient to book a week in advance. There are many trains between those 2 cities.

Thank you! This is helpful--I can focus on the rest of my planning and not worry about this piece.