Solved

Reserving seats via Italiarail using Mobile Pass - Italiarail no longer provides reservation services?

• 12 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello, a friend of mine managed to get the pass holder number from Eurail despite having a mobile pass. He then managed to book his tickets via Italiarail https://app.italiarail.com/itinerary and received his reservation confirmations. 

However, I recalled emailing Italiarail’s customer service and they mentioned that they no longer provide reservation services for Eurail passholders as they are going mobile.

Does anyone here know if train conductors will still recognize seat reservations booked via Italiarail even though the user holds a Eurail mobile pass? We are worried that we might not be able to board the train as we do not hold physical passes despite receiving the confirmation email.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 12 June 2022, 17:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Reservations and EurailPass are still two different things.

If you have a Eurailpass and a valid reservation for the train there is no problem.
Italiarail,com just stopped to offer the service by them. (As they doesnt earn much money with selling reservations)
Italiarail is a travelagency and not the real Railcompany that is called “Trenitalia”. 
Trenitalia sadly vanished the option to book reservations at their page online due a high missuse of the Reservations :/

For the future you can reserve Italian daytrains via oebb.at (they offer them since few months)

Thank you for the help! Btw, is there a need to print the reservations or will showing the email suffice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for the help! Btw, is there a need to print the reservations or will showing the email suffice?

Usually it´s fine to have the PDF Document with QR Code on the phone
Worstcase write down somewhere the PNR :) As in case of empty phone the conductor can find your reservation with the PNR Code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@seewulf via ÖBB they don't get an PNR Code, it is a International Standard ÖBB Ticket for Italian Trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seewulf via ÖBB they don't get an PNR Code, it is a International Standard ÖBB Ticket for Italian Trains.

Yeah but they hold the reservation from Italiarail.com according my understanding of the post :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah but they hold the reservation from Italiarail.com according my understanding of the post :)

Sorry, my fault. You’re right.