Solved

Round Trip Seat Reservation- do I have to purchase 2 seat reservation or does 1 cover the entire journey?

• 27 August 2022
  • 2 replies

If a train route requires seat reservations, do I have to purchase 2 seat reservations (one for the outbound and one for inbound)? Or does 1 seat reservation cover the entire journey?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 27 August 2022, 06:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is the train as such, mr/s bridge-man, that requires to RES-or not-or in other cases its optional. Just compare it to flying : you will also need to RES each sector. In some cases-it varies per country-and if done smartly=i.e. not via that app (see overveiw of seewulf on howtodoit)-connections=same direction onward, may be done for 1 RES. But without exact details no definitive answer can be made.

In most cases this RES is just a mail telling you you are able to sit on (date) in (train nr) from A to B in car X and seat Y. In some cases-notably for these hi-speed trains, there will also be some QR or barcode with it that staff can check or use to open gates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As you will be travelling with Eurail you don't need to think about the outbound/inbound rule. The outbound/inbound rule (only 2 travel days in your country of residence) only applies to persons travelling with Interrail.