Solved

Schedule discrepancies

• 19 August 2022
  • 2 replies

So I’m very confused about why the schedule I look up online, or on my app, don’t match up with the train station schedules. Trying to get from Madrid to Avignon, see the routes, trains on my app and online..have to make a reservation, we go to the station, and the guy at ticketing says he can only get us to Girona. Makes no sense. We accept the ticket, make the reservation and leave. Get back to our room, see the same trains that will get us to Avignon, and just plan to go to Girona, and go from there. This is the second time this has happened. 

Why don’t the schedules match?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 19 August 2022, 17:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The app can be incorrect as it it runs offline and doesn’t always have a fully accurate data set. Planners of local operators or the better national ones such as https://www.bahn.com/en are better to get accurate times.

The direct Spain - France trains have quotas for interrail passes, most likely there was no availability on the train you wanted. Short of actually asking the

There is a slower alternative using local trains Barcelona - Girona -Port Bau/Cerbere and connecting French trains from there.

The latest connection is 13.16 from Barcelona Sants(suburban) changing in Cerbere, arriving in Avignon at 20.21

These need no reservations.

As always, this is just a basic suggestion based on a random weekday as you haven’t given any times/dates.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate your answer.