Skip to main content

I am travelling through six countries starting in two weeks time. Some of my journeys require seat reservations which I have been unable to make, either through Eurail or OBB (train operator). I started trying to reserve them a month ago and haven’t had any response from OBB Customer Support. Does this mean I won’t be able to travel these routes? What other options do I have? Some of these are the second leg of a longer journey so I don’t want to be stranded somewhere!

Thanks 

Hi, can you specify which journeys (and on which date and time) you are trying to book? What message appeared when you tried to book through Eurail? Can you share a screenshot that shows you are not able to book? This way we can best assist you. 

Hi Nanja,

There are two of us travelling together. The journeys are:

• Zagreb - Ljubljana, 28 Aug, 18:38
  • Ljubljana - Villach Hbf, 1 Sep, 21:10
  • Milano Central - Basel, 5 Sep, 10:10
  • Amsterdam Centraal - London St Pancras, 9 Sep, 13:47

The Eurail website directs me to OBB website to reserve seats but even though I have been trying for weeks to reserve, I always get the same message of “Ticket not available” (example screenshot below).

Please advise…

Thanks

The first two trains are Nighttrains and you have to book via a special way on Oebb.at 🙂 please have a look for my post how to get reservations 🙂 there is explained how to reserve Nightrains 🙂 on Oebb.at 

Amsterdam - London can be done via B- Europe (not sure if the eurostar currently operate from Amsterdam) Maybe you have to catch a Intercity to Brussels and use from there the Eurostar to London :) https://www.b-europe.com/en/booking/pass#TravelWish

Thanks, I see how the night train is different! sorry… we will try this!