Solved

Seat reservation France

• 1 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

I want to go from France to Germany later in August, I tried making the reservation through https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish, unfortunately, it says that no sits are available with an Interrail pass. What I’m struggling to understand is that it works for Eurail pass. I’m struggling to understand why, any idea ? 

I guess I cannot book an Eurail sit with an Interrail pass ? 

Many thanks :) 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 August 2023, 16:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which train and date ? Results should be the same for both passes.

If you live in France you can get TGV and Intercités reservations for free by going to any SNCF ticket counter and asking for a billet parcours/trajet d'approche ! This only works for domestic journeys (to Strasbourg for example) unless you have the special French-German Pass where it also works for international journeys.

For other questions, mention route and travel date and we'll help. :)

Badge +1

Hi not worry @thibcabe is expert,  he advice my itenially  as the beginning we are fresher and not really know practical use of eurail pass,  ofter few country travel, we easily handle  and convenient to use.  We follow planner,  we activate pass and deactivate  and redo as we want if and delay , cancellation with not additionalcharge, all simple like you travel local bus!