Solved

Seat reservation on Romanian railways Website possible?

• 2 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Good morning all,

I am planning a trip through Romania this summer and I wanted to book seat reservations via the official website https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/en/. Do you know if that is possible to book both domestic and international trains with Interrail pass via Romanian railways official website? It does not seem possible to do so via Interrail website, and I can't find how to mention I possess an Interrail pass when trying to book on Romanian railways official website.

Many thanks to all for the  answers you could provide!

Have a good day.

Marie

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 August 2022, 10:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IN theory yes-and only since a very short time. Find the page on REServ on the main site-click on top ´help articles´ then search.

In practice it will probably lead to giant problems and frustration.

Also note that in RO ONLY CFR accepts passes-there is now a multitude of various other railways that do not and they all have their very own ticketing. As RO always-since from the communist years-had mandatory RES on all fast trains-and his was always done at the counter-they are very well used to it-but some recent reports told that they are so unused to the mobile pass that they will not accept it. Thats all the fun of travel in countries that lkive in the last century in some aspects

IN theory yes-and only since a very short time. Find the page on REServ on the main site-click on top ´help articles´ then search.

In practice it will probably lead to giant problems and frustration.

Also note that in RO ONLY CFR accepts passes-there is now a multitude of various other railways that do not and they all have their very own ticketing. As RO always-since from the communist years-had mandatory RES on all fast trains-and his was always done at the counter-they are very well used to it-but some recent reports told that they are so unused to the mobile pass that they will not accept it. Thats all the fun of travel in countries that lkive in the last century in some aspects

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Noted that travelling with CFR is the easiest.

Despite looking for them, I can't find any articles explaining how to mention Interrail pass  when booking tickets on CFR website. If you have a direct link to one of the articles you mentioned, would you mind sharing it with me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mcadv I couldn't find anything like that on the CFR website. Could you please post a link to the page explaining how to book pass reservations?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It does not seem that CFR supports reservations for pass holders just yet. You can try this either through our reservation self-service, locally at the station. You can also book certain trains through DB by calling +49 1806 996 633. More info on traveling Romania by rail can be found here

At least it seems that CFR can scan mobile tickets now. This is from their website:

https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/en/comunicate/implementation-of-xsell-mobile-system/

PRESS RELEASE November 2022

Implementation of xSell-mobile system

15 November 2022 As part of the actions carried out to increase the degree of digitization and accessibility, starting today, November 15, 2022, CFR Călători has implemented the xSell-mobile system at the level of all train staff. This enables the issuance of tickets, automatic seat reservations, ID scanning, online ticket validation and metropolitan titles through mobile devices. Train staff is equipped with devices consisting of mobile devices equipped with NFC (for contactless card payment) and barcode / QR code scanning capabilities, as well as thermal printers for printing tickets. Completion of the implementation of this solution allows the online sale of tickets for all CFR Călători trains in domestic traffic. In addition, it ensures a faster and easier service for train passengers and the reduction...