Solved

Seat Reservation or not?

• 26 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody!

First Interail coming up!

I have the railwayplanner app and im booking routes as if there were no tomorrow.

(Goteborg-Copenhagen-Hamburg-Zürich) 23/7 and 24-7 indicated that there is ”seat reservation required”?

Is the QR code ”good enough”as a ticket?

asking because i feel like im missing something…

some legs i have seen ”seat reservations” so ig there not any= good to go?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 26 June 2022, 22:11

View original

5 replies

It’s not exactly clear what you’re meaning… 

If there’s a seat reservation required, you need to buy a seat reservation. 😀

If there’s no seat reservation required, you’re good to go with your QR code. 😉

Example: For the direct IC trains from Copenhagen to Hamburg you’ll need a reservation; you can’t go without. So you need to buy this reservation first… Or if you plan to go by night trains...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It seems you may be confused between adding journeys to your planner app and seat reservations.

These are 2 entirely separate things, you need to correctly add journeys to your app for the interrail ticket to be valid.

On some trains seat reservation are compulsory, on some they are optional and on others they are not available. These usually but not always require a fee to be paid.

Read this thread to better understand reservations:

Example: For the direct IC trains from Copenhagen to Hamburg you’ll need a reservation; you can’t go without. So you need to buy this reservation first… Or if you plan to go by night trains…

Thanks Hektor!

What i got confused by was the IC train from Copenhagen to Hamburg, there is no where showing in the railway app that there is need for seat reservation. So i booked and got the QR code.= on other legs there is a clear fee but not om this one. 

It seems you may be confused between adding journeys to your planner app and seat reservations.

These are 2 entirely separate things, you need to correctly add journeys to your app for the interrail ticket to be valid.

On some trains seat reservation are compulsory, on some they are optional and on others they are not available. These usually but not always require a fee to be paid.

Read this thread to better understand reservations:

Thanks! I’ll check this up!

Example: For the direct IC trains from Copenhagen to Hamburg you’ll need a reservation; you can’t go without. So you need to buy this reservation first… Or if you plan to go by night trains…

Thanks Hektor!

What i got confused by was the IC train from Copenhagen to Hamburg, there is no where showing in the railway app that there is need for seat reservation. So i booked and got the QR code.= on other legs there is a clear fee but not om this one. 

I guess it's because a reservation is needed just in the summer months and not the whole year and it's not just needed for rail passes. In general, the app is not reliable for every connection...