Skip to main content

I have a global pass for 6 weeks aiming to visit 12 cities. 3 of them journeys require a seat reservations ticket which are all showing temporarily closed or sold out. What is the likely hood that we will be able to get a ticket on the day from the station that will give us a seat? Or how else can we reserve a seat, can you send me a pass number? 

Please give the details, date, time and route of the reservations that you have problems with and you will get advice here.

Please specify for each of those trains: origin, destination, date, departure time.

Only with that information, it will be possible to give any advice.

Prague - Krakow 2nd of August (any time)

Krakow - Vienna 5th of August (any time)

Ljubljana - Venice 17th of August (any time)

Ideally not very early trains or very late.

Krakow-Vienna you can book via tickets.oebb.at via seat only option. 3€/train

Ljubljana-Venice should be without reservation possible. If you choose the EC train to Trieste you need to pay about 3€ fee for the Italian part, also on board of the train or online via tickets.oebb.at - ONE WAY TICKET and at 1x adult select the discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass. From Trieste take the first RV (Regionale Veloce) that runs to Venice (no reservation needed). 

Prague-Krakow it should work via cd.cz, at ÖBB it also works, but I’m not sure if it is ok for this train. 

For day trains:

Prague - Krakow: book via ČD, max. 60 days in advance.

Krakow - Vienna: book via ČD or ÖBB ("Seat only”), max. 60 days in advance.

Ljubljana - Venice: depends on the trains. No reservation needed until Trieste, in Italy you can take a regional train (reservation-free) or a long-distance train, which can be booked via ÖBB using these steps (do NOT use "Seat only”).

These trains usually have enough seats; there's no need to book multiple months in advance.