Solved

seat reservation TGV Valence-Brussels Country Pass

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello train lovers! 

I have an Interrail Country Pass for France and wanted to make a seat reservation for TGV Valence-Brussels. (last part of the trip) - From all information I understood that this train is included for the Country Pass France, but the system does not allow me to book seats to Brussels. Only to Lille.

How does this work? Is it included or not? Do I need to buy an additional ticket and if yes, where and how?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 August 2022, 22:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a bug in the reservations module. There is indeed a tariff for the TGVs from Brussels when you only have a pass for France ("Pass 2”). Currently, the prices are the same as for a global pass.

You can also book this reservation via:

1. SNCF (press #85 for English)
  2. NS (some of their staff want to charge a service fee but their website is clear that there's no service fee if it can't be book via an NS ticket machine or the NSI website)
  3. NMBS (their phone number is rather expensive though).

@Nanja @Camilo. When are you planning to fix this? Same question for the TGV Paris - Milano with a pass valid only in France.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for flagging, I have passed it on the relevant team to look into it. Keep you posted.

@rvdborgt  thank you very much for getting back to me. It is not about the TGV from Brussels, but the TGV to Brussels, leaving from Valence. As I did not want to miss my seats I already booked the seat reservation for Valance-Lille. How can I extend this now so that we can stay on board to Brussels?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The same is valid for the TGV to Brussels.

You can't extend a domestic TGV reservation Valence-Lille to Brussels. You can book a new one Valence-Brussels and maybe cancel the one to Lille (depending on where you bought it). A reservation Valence-Brussels is however the same price as Lille-Brussels (20€ in 2nd class, 30 in 1st).