Solved

Seat reservation Wien HBF - Zürich HBF

• 11 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi

I’m trying to book seat reservations for the route Wien HBF - Zürich HBF but without success(for the 18th July this year). sbb.ch only seem to want to sell me the full price ticket and oebb.at says “no ticket available”.

I know I could probably just jump on this train without a reservation, but since I have a first class railpass I’d much rather ensure I get a first class seat.

I’m specifically interested in the Railjet Express 162 train that leaves Wien HBF at 09:30.

Any ideas on how to book this route?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 April 2022, 10:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train has optional reservations, so you can just hop on.

If you would like a reservation, the best is to go via ÖBB and choose "Seat only”. Price should be 3€. Reservations can be made 3 months in advance, so you'll have to wait for a bit. Although I suspect you'll be fine without reservation on a Monday.

Thanks for the answer. But if I have understood things correctly, travelling without reservations is not possible for 1st class ticket holders?

Just looked at the interrail ticket reservation page and it seems possible to book this route right now, although if I can get the same reservation for a smaller fee I’d much rather opt for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the answer. But if I have understood things correctly, travelling without reservations is not possible for 1st class ticket holders?

Sure it is, why would you think that?

Just looked at the interrail ticket reservation page and it seems possible to book this route right now, although if I can get the same reservation for a smaller fee I’d much rather opt for that.

Interrail is much too expensive for optional reservations (8€). You can book a seat for 3€ via ÖBB as I described above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RTrain I recommend to book via oebb.at your reservation 3€ for 1st class or 15€ for the Upgrade to the Austrian Business Class (Free welcome drink) better seats. 

You may watch some youtube videos to get the difference.