Solved

Seat reservations error in Spain

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

• Full steam ahead
  • 10 replies

Seat reservations in Spain

At the end of the process, I get the error message “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later or find another connection. This connection will be removed from your cart.”

Tried again and again Same result.

Very frustrating. Please help,

icon

Best answer by gvr 4 November 2023, 15:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which train, which date ? If you want precise advice you need to give more info.

Unfortunately most Spanish trains are not available on eurail.com, except AVEs and a few other ones. This is purely a decision by the company RENFE which doesn't like passholders…

Your alternatives include :

- visiting a German ticket counter

- wait until you're in Spain (no quota so as long as the train doesn't sell out you're fine)

See : 

@thibcabe  Thank you. But, I was indeed trying to get seat reservations for AVE trains in Spain. And, tickets on those routes were indeed available for purchase on the Renfe website. I checked,

After posing this question here, I subsequently found a solution. Hope it will be of some use to others here.

Like I said in my question above, the interrail.eu seat reservations website would frustratingly throw up an error on the page just before the payment page - AFTER I painstakingly put in everyone’s passport info etc.!!

After trying MULTIPLE times with the same result, I came to ask this community for help. Then, I wondered if my location had anything to do with this error. I was booking these reservations from the US. I used a VPN with a Madrid server, and tried again. This time, it worked! Instead of that maddening error, it actually took me to the payment page and I was able to conclude the transaction. For multiple reservations!!

Hope this helps others in a similar situation.

@thibcabe  Thank you. But, I was indeed trying to get seat reservations for AVE trains in Spain. And, tickets on those routes were indeed available for purchase on the Renfe website. I checked,

After posing this question here, I subsequently found a solution. Hope it will be of some use to others here.

Like I said in my question above, the interrail.eu seat reservations website would frustratingly throw up an error on the page just before the payment page - AFTER I painstakingly put in everyone’s passport info etc.!!

After trying MULTIPLE times with the same result, I came to ask this community for help. Then, I wondered if my location had anything to do with this error. I was booking these reservations from the US. I used a VPN with a Madrid server, and tried again. This time, it worked! Instead of that maddening error, it actually took me to the payment page and I was able to conclude the transaction. For multiple reservations!!

Hope this helps others in a similar situation.

Thanks for the hint. I tried it that way but couldnt find the page where you can book reservation only. i only see the offer of buying tickets. Any help? Thanks

https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/