Solved

seat reservations sweden

• 24 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I am planning on using my eurail pass for some trains within sweden, when I check the eurail planning app it says that seat reservations for my journey are around 3 euros. When I check the SJ website and enter my pass reference, it says the ticket is 50 euros. Any ideas on whats going on here? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 21:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations for Sweden are best booked via SJ but you have to indicate you have an Interrail pass, otherwise the website will of course show the normal fares.

You'll need a pass cover number to enter on the SJ website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

USe FAQ on sj.se: there it will tell how to do it with pass-it will go via the way of PRIO fixed customer card-you really have to know-and probably try it out once-how it works

For the superfast X2000 trains the price is more near to 10€-most other trains are optional REServ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's only on the SJ snabbtåg (high speed train) and the night trains where you need a reservation.

On the other trains that are included in Interrail/Eurail you don't need a reservation. However, if you are travelling a longer distance on a busy day you might want to make a reservation anyway.

If the planner says that the reservation fee is €3 then the reservation is not mandatory. There is an error in the planner.