Skip to main content

So, when is this scam called seat reservations going to stop? I paid for an international ticket, and formally there were no seat reservations available, yet there were seats free inside. This is criminal and couldn’t let that happen so I sat down in the Thalys to France anyways. Train driver comes, I explain him, and I pay 30 euro’s on board like I would when reserving a seat. Sometimes people don’t even need a seat so legally you don’t need a seat reservation then. Can we please fix this scamming practice happening preventing many people from traveling as they want?

The train companies can decide, if seat reservation are needed or not. On Thalys, Eurostar or International TGVs only a quota of seats are available for pass holder. This means you could still get seats on a normal fare. 

SNCF is here the one to blame. 

I know, SNCF is greedy AF. I hope we can do something about it as they are monopolist from Amsterdam-Paris. Like finding a legal loophole. Who needs a seat reservation when standing? 

These trains do not allow standees-incl even more this €* where isolationist Brits have to depend on for on the rails-due to ever prevailing safety and police orders on the hi-speed lines.

ON the continent here-incl P->Ams (which does not want any cheap tourists anyway anymore) easily reduced a lot to using other connections. It is the ignorance and not even look 1 step further as the app from newbees that start to enrage when their own wishes do not come out-that causes this.