Solved

Seat reservations with paper pass; avoid reservations delivered by mail

Me and my 3 friends bought a paper pass for our interrail (we are going in one week), and we find it very difficult to buy the seat reservations we need on the eurrail website. For some of them it says that it has to be sent to us in the mail, but it wont be delivered before after our trip.. So does anyone know how we can fix the seat reservations either on a separate train website or on the eurrail website? 

(I tried booking through the hungarian train site, but i dint find anywhere I could only book seat reservation and not a train ticket as well)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 19 May 2022, 20:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Without all details impossible to tell. There are probably many other ways to avoid this sending by post. And most likely you worry way too much about it as you say MAV/HU trains.

But begin with simply reading the informative page about how to make reservations and perhaps you will find that several of your plans simply cannot even be made online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please give details of the train(s) you want to book (origin, destination, date, departure time) so people can suggest alternative ways of booking.

So the trains we need booking for is:

Budapest (Nyugati) - Bratislava Hlavna Stanica

Bratislava Hlavna Stanica - Prague Hlavni Nadrazi

Venezia Mestre - Como S.Giovanni

Como S. Giovanni - Cannes

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please add dates and departure times.

30th of may 11:40-14:03 
Budapest Nyugati - Bratislava Hlavna Stanica

31st of may 12:06-16:42

12th of june 14.48-16:47

Peschiera Del Garda - Como S.Giovanni

13th of june 14:10-21:08 (change trains in Milano at 15:10)

Como S.Giovanni - Cannes

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

30th of may 11:40-14:03 
Budapest Nyugati - Bratislava Hlavna Stanica

Reservation is optional and can be done via Czech railways for CZK 75 (~3€). Look for your journey and click on "I want a reservation only”, and then add the other passengers.

Or for 2€ via Slovak railways. Look for your journey, click on the shopping cart and then on "I want to purchase only reservation”, then on Reservation. Add all passengers (with no discount) and then click Continue. The website is a bit slow bit it gets there.

31st of may 12:06-16:42

Same as above. (Czech or Slovak railways)

12th of june 14.48-16:47

Peschiera Del Garda - Como S.Giovanni

Book via ÖBB using these steps. Price is 10€ per person.

13th of june 14:10-21:08 (change trains in Milano at 15:10)

Como S.Giovanni - Cannes

This journey does not exist, at least not with these times. Please check the timetables.

It looks like the 15:10 train Milan - Ventimiglia does not run after 10 June.