Solved

SJ EuroNight Stockholm-Hamburg: Booking Sleeping compartment as a couple

• 21 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear community,

I‘m planning a reservation for the SJ EuroNight 346 from Stockholm to Hamburg via the interrail reservation service, but I‘m a bit confused.

I would like to know if booking a "Sleeping compartment 2 class" for my partner (female) and me (male) means that we get a shared compartment? Since it is also mentioned on the SJ website that you can choose between ladies and gents, we are unsure whether we will then be assigned separate compartments.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 August 2023, 01:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For all trains (and especially night trains) it is advised to book through the railway company directly whenever possible. It will save you money and you're also better informed in case of delays, cancellations, etc.

Per sj.se (for a random September date) : a private compartment for 2 people costs 1654 SEK (139€) while 2 beds in (gender-sepated) compartments would be 1660 SEK. To get that price add Interrail under discounts and enter your pass number (any number works).

Let me know if you don't see that price.

Userlevel 1

For all trains (and especially night trains) it is advised to book through the railway company directly whenever possible. It will save you money and you're also better informed in case of delays, cancellations, etc.

Per sj.se (for a random September date) : a private compartment for 2 people costs 1654 SEK (139€) while 2 beds in (gender-sepated) compartments would be 1660 SEK. To get that price add Interrail under discounts and enter your pass number (any number works).

Thank you for the detailed answer! I now found out that i misunderstood the price of the Interrail reservation service, i thought it’s 55€ for 2 travellers (which would have been much cheaper than the SJ price) but it’s the price per person. So we decided to just take 2 seats. 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the detailed answer! I now found out that i misunderstood the price of the Interrail reservation service, i thought it’s 55€ for 2 travellers (which would have been much cheaper than the SJ price) but it’s the price per person. So we decided to just take 2 seats. 😅

Just for you information. At the moment, SJ's seating car haven't yet been approved by the Danish authorities so the seating cars are actually couchettes cars. This means that you might be able to lie down during the night even though you booked a seat. However, you need to bring your own pillow and blanket, and there's no ladder in the compartment.