Solved

SJ night train Berlin to Stockholm - running early October 2023?

• 12 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi

Are these trains (either Berlin or Hamburg) running in early October 2023?

I know it’s early in terms of booking but I see on weeks earlier timetables that the SJ346 has potential line closures around the dates I want to book although the snalltaget 300 train doesn’t appear to be so affected?

Any ideas on when the timetable for these trains for the 1st week in October 2023 should appear?

Appreciate any thoughts / advice.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 April 2023, 07:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SJ has only released the departures until the beginning of September, but I haven't heard anything about the SJ Euronight not running after that.

Thank you AnnaB.

I appreciate your comments/reply.

The page https://www.sj.se/en/kop-resa/valj-resa/Berlin%20Hbf/Stockholm%20Central/2023-09-27

shows what I am talking about in terms of track work etc.

Any idea as to when SJ.se will have their timetable out for after the beginning of September?

Thanks again

Ciao, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Any idea as to when SJ.se will have their timetable out for after the beginning of September?

I fear SJ don't know yet themselves… Check again in June maybe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Actually the timetable and reservations for the SJ Euronight is released until the 30th of September and I think you can assume that the times will be the same until the big timetable change in December.

So the no 346 train service due to track work on their timetable for 27 September probably means no service on 4 October?

How does the snalltaget 300 train run? Why isn’t it stopped by track work, or does it run on different tracks?

I’m confused 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The information about track works doesn't mean that there will be track works. It only means that the information regarding teack works hasn't been released. As a precaution SJ writes track works on all departures where they not are 100% sure that there will be no track works.

Normally the final information regarding track works should be given 18 weeks in advance but due to changes in the planning system for the track works the information now sometimes is given to SJ less than 4 weeks in advance. It’s a real mess.

Thanks again AnnaB for a helpful reply.

I think that my best option is to wait until say a month before our desired travel date of 4 October & see what the situation is then.

That might just work as we plan on heading to Europe early September. If there is no better information by then we can always fall back to a flight 🤔

Ciao

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks again AnnaB for a helpful reply.

I think that my best option is to wait until say a month before our desired travel date of 4 October & see what the situation is then.

That might just work as we plan on heading to Europe early September. If there is no better information by then we can always fall back to a flight 🤔

Ciao

Hopefully the departures will be released more than 4 weeks ahead. The beginning of October is low season so availability shouldn't be a problem.