Solved

SJ seat copenhagen-stockholm (1st class)

• 12 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I am just mesmerized:

I booked seats on a direct train COP-STOCK 19 Aug. A week ago an email: train was canceled. 'rebook' not available' so canceled and new booking: unbelievable but true: the initial booking had breakfast included, hence the high price. The new booking however obligés me to take a local train copenhagen-malmo and then high speed to stock: WAY higher price without any food: 354 SEK 

Initial booking only had 286SEK ( 143sek per person) including breakfast. This train has no breakfast, and I didn't prebook any food, but have to pay way more.

Customer service function in their app does not work. And worst of all: no English booking confirmation.

I can cancel again off course. Some input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Köbenhavn H - Malmö C, Kan återbetalas 34.00
Köbenhavn H - Malmö C, Kan återbetalas 34.00
Malmö C - Sthlm Central, Kan återbetalas 143.00
Sittplats Ingår
Wi-Fi Ingår
Malmö C - Sthlm Central, Kan återbetalas 143.00
Sittplats Ingår
Wi-Fi Ingår
Att betala SEK 354.00
varav bokningsavg. 40.00 sek

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 August 2022, 11:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is the departure time? 

Badge +1

11:07 copenh to malmo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

150 SEK per person is the normal fee for the sj high speed train in 1st class. If your departure is before 9 o'clock you get free breakfast.

I don't know what train your screen shot is from but I see lots of trains from Malmö to Stockholm on the 19/8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the travel from Köpenhamn involves both Öresundståg and SJ you should not make the whole reservation at SJ. They will charge you for the travel with Öresundståg that you can travel for free with Interrail.

On sj.se you make the reservation from Malmö to Stockholm. Then you travel without reservation from Köpenhamn to Malmö.

Badge +1

Thank you, very helpful. And shame on SJ for ripping off people who don't read Swedish!

Badge +1

Unbelievable, my ticket is 'refundable' yet they keep 40 SEK if I cancel.

So they have ripped me off twice

SJ is a total scam for non Swedish people, customer service unreachable, registerring only with swedish social security number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unbelievable, my ticket is 'refundable' yet they keep 40 SEK if I cancel.

So they have ripped me off twice

SJ is a total scam for non Swedish people, customer service unreachable, registerring only with swedish social security number.

If they cancel a service you should never refund the fare yourself, by doing that you are removing your rights to be accommodated based on your original booking as well as your entitlement to a (partial) refund based on any delay to your journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If they cancel a service you should never refund the fare yourself, by doing that you are removing your rights to be accommodated based on your original booking as well as your entitlement to a (partial) refund based on any delay to your journey.

Good point.

When I cancelled a ticket for a train that SJ had cancelled I got the full amount of the ticket paid back so that would be the normal routine I presume. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good point.

When I cancelled a ticket for a train that SJ had cancelled I got the full amount of the ticket paid back so that would be the normal routine I presume. 

When a train is cancelled and the delay at your final destination is expected to be more than 60 minutes, you always have 3 options (in short; see Regulation 1371/2007 article 16 for the full text):

1. Don't travel and have a full refund.
  2. Travel with the first available connection.
  3. Travel on a later date at your choice.

Railways are obliged to offer these options. Options 2 and 3 have to be without additional costs. With option 2, you're also entitled to compensation for delay.

That also means that only offering a refund is a breach of the EU Regulation, which certainly is not the normal routine, I should hope.