Solved

sleep reservation via shop.oebbtickets.at

• 26 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a question regarding reservations. I would like to take the night train to Vienna on Saturday, October 8: 

20:03 UTRECHT CENTRAAL (Netherlands) 12h 11m, NJ 40421 Night Jet

On this train I need to reserve a seat, but it says on the webstie of interrail that this can be done up to 180 days in advance. So through the website interrail.eu this is no longer possible? An alternative is to book via https://shop.oebbtickets.at/, but how can I be sure this is the same train?

On the interrail website I have to pay € 16,- to make a reservation and on the oebbtickets website another € 3,- why do I have to pay twice?

As a final question I would like a sleeper compartment, how do I make sure I reserve a sleeper compartment?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 September 2022, 10:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You only need one reservation, and this does not need to be from Interrail. You can buy your reservation from several sources including obb and all trains have a number.

As long as start time is the same rest assured a reservation from OBB is the same train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book a sleeper via the ÖBB website. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then look for normal tickets.

However, sleepers and couchettes on this train are already fully booked. There are only seats left, for €14. (If you book via Interrail, there's an extra €2 booking fee.) Booking seats on an ÖBB night train works the same way as booking a sleeper or couchette (so do not use "Seat only”).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Saw this train going the other way yesterday eve-100 mins late-and the seated cars were quite empty-mostly only 1 or 2 in them in the 6-person coupë´s. But that is no garantee for then. That was in Köln-just before the long non-stop overnite sector.