Solved

Sleeper to Narvik - terms & conditions

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Due to a potential change in circumstances, one of us may need to book and cancel (or not cancel, hopefully) a sleeper from Stockholm to Narvik in June.

I can’t find the terms and conditions online, but it looks like the Interrail fares are refundable.

I had to cancel and rebook an SJ fare from Copenhagen to Stockholm a few weeks back and out of an original charge of SEK286 I got SEK133 back, so I know there should be some refund.  I just don’t know quite how much can be expected.

Does anyone know what the calculation basis is for the refund?  133/286 isn’t a ratio I recognise - it’s about 46.5%.

I will try to contact them tomorrow to find out, but if anyone knows it would help.

Thanks,

David

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 April 2023, 10:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The non-refundable booking fee for your 2*143 SEK 1st class reservations from Copenhagen to Stockholm should have been 2*10 SEK. You should have gotten 266 SEK back, at least if you made the reservation at sj.se. Are you sure that you canceled both reservations? 133 SEK is the refund for one reservation. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks AnnaB.

I thought I had flat-out cancelled the original booking, but it’s possible that I did a rebooking instead.  So, maybe the charges were different, or the new tickets were more expensive and that accounts for the different amounts.

From what you are saying the non-refundable part should be 10 SEK, right?  Do you know if this is the same for the Narvik sleeper or would it be a different amount?

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The non-refundable booking fee is related to the price of the reservation. As an example, if the reservation costs about 400 SEK the booking fee is around 25 SEK.