Solved

sleeper train from Paris to Venice

• 19 December 2022
  • 3 replies

My husband and I are heading to europe for our honeymoon, however we wanted to take the sleeper train from Paris to Venice. However, I can’t seem to reserve a spot. Would anyone know if it’s still in service? 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 19 December 2022, 00:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bonjour! Non, no, sadly this train is withdrawn since a few yrs now and there is also no really viable alternative for direct traffic FR-IT other as these superfast daytime TGV/ etc trains.

IF you really insist on overnight trains and had plans anyway to make a longer trip to Austria/Wien=Vienne, then this line is in service. Nearly all still running overnight trains in West-EUR are done by OeBB from Austria labelled as NightJet-see their site for more info. Railpasses are accepted, supplmt payable.

In summer you could also use-but it has seats+couchette only, no real sleeper=wagon lits, from Paris along Marseille-Cote d´Azur to Nice-and then a nice scenic but slow line along coast to Genua-then onto Vnz.

Merci beaucoup!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Merci beaucoup!!! 

If you still wanna catch a Nighttrain you could catch a TGV/ICE from Paris to Stuttgart and change there for the Nightjet to Venice :)