Skip to main content

Im looking to make a seat reservation on a sleeper train for me and 6 friends. We all have the global pass. I think that because we are seven people im not able to make the reservation directly from the website. Is there any solution to do this directly from eurail or do i have to go to another website. If so which one? 

Thanks.

What route and date do you want to travel?

Im traveling from amsterdam to prague. The sleeper train is from amsterdam to berlin. We leave amsterdam january 8th.

as there are max 6 beds per compartment you may split your group in 2 bookings. As you have to split anyway 🙂 like 3+4 or 6+1

The Nighttrain you mention is the “EuropeanSleeper” 

Go to europeansleeper.eu and make 2 bookings. You can select Eurail during the process. Since you're 7 you'd either need :

- a 4-people couchette compartment (236€) and a 3-people sleeper one (237€) = 67.50€ per person

- 2 4-people couchette compartments but there could be an extra guest in one of them (236€ + 177€) = 59€ per person

- sleepers for smaller groups (more expensive)

This night train isn't the least expensive but it does the job. :)

https://www.europeansleeper.eu/en this is the operator, you can book at their website adding interrail pass.

You will have to split 7 into 2 bookings, if you want private accommodation then possibly a 3 berth sleeper and a 4 berth couchette.

Can i divide the group in two within the eurail website? I have a trip created with all the rest of the passengers attached to it.

Book the train on European Sleeper's website directly. It is always a good idea to book through the operator whenever possible. That way you're better informed in case of disruptions, etc.

Actually it would be cheaper to book this train without passes : 199€ for a private couchette compartment (whether you're 4 or 6). This means that you could get 2 compartments for 398€ and then pay 57€ per person while saving a pass day !