Solved

Sleeper train reservation from Bucharest to Istanbul - how accurate is the price?

Hi all

I am trying to book the seat reservations from London to Istanbul. l got it sorted until bucharest but from Bucharest to Istanbul booking the sleeper night train cost for 2 adults and a child says €9 euro for seat and additional €14 each for couchette car it comes up to about €70 euro. How accurate is this or is it me expecting it to cost lower than that 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2022, 00:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds about right for Bucharest - Istanbul.

Booking this train is only possible in Bucharest at the ticket office.

Thanks for the reply sorry l am confused a bit so l need to book a seat for €9 each plus couchatte for 3 people each €14.

Or l dont need to book seats but just couchatte for €14 each.

I want to make sure  the reservations are not over my budget as it can be very costly in total. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply sorry l am confused a bit so l need to book a seat for €9 each plus couchatte for 3 people each €14.

Or l dont need to book seats but just couchatte for €14 each.

If you book a couchette, you don't need to pay for seats. It's either one or the other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A CC is considered to be your seat during the non-night hrs-and this is for this connection a considerable distance.

Full info on seat61.com-till even many variations.

Its a Turksih train (well, the cars to IST-these get shunted into the ´real´ train coming from Sofia and this means that due to its completely separate and again brand new IT system can only be booked by outlets with access to this TCDD. You also did not clearly state if you travel on pass or separate tix.