Solved

SNCF - can not book online with interrail pass

• 5 July 2022
  • 5 replies

I can’y make a seat reservation for a specific train destination via the interrail apprication. It’s impossible ro book a trip on Frech SNCF because you can not fill in tjay you have an interrail pass (only specific SNCP cards and passes are accepted). I asked SNCF and they answered go to the train station and book it there.

This means that Interrail sells passes but you can’t book tickets on their application for some trains/destinations. It means also that SNCF is in the interrail program but you can not book online on their application. It means also that I will have to travel 80 km back and forth to order our tickets.

Is there another possibility to book online tickets in France with interrail pass without having to travelby bus to the nearest (small) station only to be told, perhaps, that it is not possible in that station and that I must go to another (larger) station.

Nice service that Interrail prigram!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 July 2022, 19:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several ways to make reservations for French trains.

You can call  b-europe and make the reservation.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

Another way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. SNCF does not accept all credit cards though.

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

For domestic French reservations, you can also call NS. Also no booking fees and they do accept VISA. Remember the country code (+31)

Hi,

I wondered if there had been any improvements to making French rail reservations online (with interrail discount) since this conversation?

I’ve been struggling to book online today and although I did try to call SNCF (line was busy presumably because of the strike today), I’m reluctant to call other international numbers if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Today also the booking for this summer opened.

You can also book domestic French day trains here:

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

If you have a mobile pass, you'll also need to generate a pass cover number:

Thanks for that response. I tried to use that website earlier today, and again just now, but it shows only one train for the journey I’m interested in, when in fact there are multiple trains on 15 August, looking at the SNCF website. I wonder if there is a delay between French booking opening and this website being able to offer those newly available tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for that response. I tried to use that website earlier today, and again just now, but it shows only one train for the journey I’m interested in, when in fact there are multiple trains on 15 August, looking at the SNCF website. I wonder if there is a delay between French booking opening and this website being able to offer those newly available tickets. 

That may indeed be the case. Normally that's not the case but maybe there's a problem.