Skip to main content
Solved

Spain and Portugal interrail advises and reservation details

• 9 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have planned a route for spain and portugal and I have a global pass for a month. Can you help me in terms of lowering cost and planning better?

Places and dates are as follows:

10th -12th June Granada

12-14th June Malaga 

14-16th Sevilla

16-19th Lisbon

19-21st Porto

21-24th Madrid

24-26th barcelona

I wont use my pass between lisbon and seville. I ll use bus for that trip. Are there free reservations on other trips and can you also advise on the dates? Is there any night trains? Since I mostly try to use couchsurfing app, the dates are flexible. I dont know that I can find a place at everywhere, but im trying. I can also appreciate any help or advise regarding accommodation. 
Additionally, is there any advantage of using global pass except the trains? What I mean is is there a discount or any type of activities?

thank you so much in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are (unfortunately) no night trains in Spain and Portugal.

Seat reservation fees will add quite a bit to the price of the pass. However at short notice I still think the pass is the best choice.

Some reservations might be on interrail.eu, for some others you'll have to visit a Spanish ticket counter (RENFE...). Try for yourself: write down all the trains for which it's not possible and buy all of them at once. I would not wait until the day itself, too risky.

Lisbon - Porto: only available in Portugal.

Porto - Vigo: this train doesn't appear on all planners. It runs twice daily and it is the way to go towards Madrid. Free reservation.