Solved

Stockholm to Kobenhavn

• 18 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to book 2 seats with our youth passes on 23 Oct, it’s a Sunday. We need to go from Stockholm Central station to Kobenhavn. Every time I try to book our seat reservation it says it’s available, and then all of the sudden when I go to process payment it says a leg of my trip cannot be booked. I already booked my train on the way there (on Friday 21 Oct) and I don’t now what to do as we have work Monday. Any help would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 October 2022, 16:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reservations on many Swedish trains can be booked for passhoders at https://www.sj.se/en/

Add interrail as discount, a pass number or pass cover number may need to be entered.

Reservations on many Swedish trains can be booked for passhoders at https://www.sj.se/en/

Add interrail as discount, a pass number or pass cover number may need to be entered.

I have a eurail pass, does that make a difference? And where do I add in the pass number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Looking there now, searching for Stockholm - Copenhagen  most trains are already sold out, only morning departures available, last being 09.22.

Instead search for Stockholm - Malmo, this gives a few other options and it is only this train that requires reservations, you would be changing at Malmo anyway. The frequent Malmo - Copenhagen öresundståg trains are mostly unreservable.

It is possible to do the entire Stockholm - Copenhagen on unreserved trains but it requires several changes and a much longer journey time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have a eurail pass, does that make a difference? And where do I add in the pass number?

Except for who can buy them Interrail/eurail are effectively the same thing. It makes no difference.

Add the number where the booking site prompts it, AFAIR the SJ site will accept anything, it does not verify the number used.

Looking there now, searching for Stockholm - Copenhagen  most trains are already sold out, only morning departures available, last being 09.22.

Instead search for Stockholm - Malmo, this gives a few other options and it is only this train that requires reservations, you would be changing at Malmo anyway. The frequent Malmo - Copenhagen öresundståg trains are mostly unreservable.

It is possible to do the entire Stockholm - Copenhagen on unreserved trains but it requires several changes and a much longer journey time.

Hi, thanks for your help! I ended up booking Stockholm to Goteborg C (Sweden), and then there is no seat reso needed from Goteborg C (Sweden) to Kobenhavn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well-at least you have a few nice views over the seas and Sundt then-direct STO-Mal is frankly rather boring for most of its length.