Solved

Superfast ferry from bari to corfu

• 25 August 2022
  • 7 replies

I need to book a ferry from Bari to Corfu on the 1st of September. The interrail app says it should at least be partly covered by my global pass, but when I try applying it online it only comes up as a discount option for an adult ticket, but I am 20, so I’m counted as a juvenile. Idk what to do because I really wanted to get this journey at least partially discounted like you can for the adult ticket. 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 26 August 2022, 00:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Make yourself a few years older and then book as an adult. Then send an e-mail to the ferry company (Superfast). Say that their website has a problem: you could not book the correct ticket with Interrail discount with your correct age. And then ask them to correct your age. You won't be the first to do it this way.

Make yourself a few years older and then book as an adult. Then send an e-mail to the ferry company (Superfast). Say that their website has a problem: you could not book the correct ticket with Interrail discount with your correct age. And then ask them to correct your age. You won't be the first to do it this way.

Really so you don’t reckon it will be a problem if I just use the wrong age? Because I have to put down my age using my passport number or some other piece of information? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Really so you don’t reckon it will be a problem if I just use the wrong age? Because I have to put down my age using my passport number or some other piece of information? 

I have no personal experience here but I certainly read from a few others who did it this way. Superfast corrected their ages.

I have no personal experience here but I certainly read from a few others who did it this way. Superfast corrected their ages.

Ok I tried finding other people with similar experiences but I just couldn’t, so thank you so much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Was it not even more simply that the discount they give to junior is the same as to any passholder=or, IOW-you gain nothing. Just check normal junior fare and adult+discount. also DO check what extra chrages may apply-thy are very keen to hide that (porttax, fuel surcharge, hi-season surcharge, onle booking charge, etc)

Was it not even more simply that the discount they give to junior is the same as to any passholder=or, IOW-you gain nothing. Just check normal junior fare and adult+discount. also DO check what extra chrages may apply-thy are very keen to hide that (porttax, fuel surcharge, hi-season surcharge, onle booking charge, etc)

Yeah the junior ticket is like €68 euros whereas the adult with discount is €42 so it’s quite a lot of difference. But yeah I’ll double check everything 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They show the final price (including taxes and charges) after you've indicated your discounts, so that's clear enough.