Solved

taking trains in Italy

I bought the Eurail Italy pass and plan to take Lenardo express from Italy Taco Airport to Sorrento via Napoli Centrale.  Can I use the pass to Lenardo Express and the transfer from Napoli Centrale to Sorrento?  My trip will start in May 2024

icon

Best answer by ralderton 29 April 2024, 16:39

View original

15 replies

It should be Italy FCO. airport. It’s a typo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have a First Class pass, you can use the Leonardo Express. Otherwise you can use local trains (not included in the pass) to get to the city.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-italy#tabs-390ec822cf-item-a4a4819b99-tab

Thank you for your advice and how about the train for Sorrento.  Does it covered by the pass and the name of the train.  Thank you so much !

Thank you for your advice and how about the train for Sorrento.  Does it covered by the pass and the name of the train.  Thank you so much !

How can I get seat reservation in Italy? Can I do seat reservation on site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could. Availability won't be a problem but there might be queues.

However it's much easier to do it on https://www.raileurope.com/en (desktop version, click on add rail pass, 2€ extra for seat selection)

If I do my reservation on site, how can I show my reservation to the staff on train.  Do I need to add it on my Eurail Italy Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You'll get it in PDF and you can show it on your phone. :)

You can't "add" it to the pass but you show both the app and the reservation PDF during the check.

I can’t find the place for seat reservation in the above link ‘Europe Rail’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can’t find the place for seat reservation in the above link ‘Europe Rail’?

You add your rail pass type and search, it will give just the seat reservation cost.

It only has this option on the desktop site, NOT mobile site.

Is it really need to make seat reservation before boarding a Italy high speed train for every classes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes of course. Required means required. You will get a big fine and/or get thrown off at the next stop. Pointless to try.

Availability the day before is rarely an issue in Italy, trains are very frequent. Eurail gives you that flexibility (reservation prices are fixed).

Advance tickets are cheaper than a pass day + reservation but last-minute prices are much more expensive…

You can look at slower regional trains if you don't want to pay the reservations.

Good to know. Thanks😃

I plan to travel Cinque Terre on 23 May 2024. I found a direct train (07:54) run by ‘Trenitalia’ on internet.  However, I cannot locate that train in my Eurail App and only trains with changes on that day could been found.  Hope can help to fix the problem !  Many thanks😓

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

From where to where…? Hard to help otherwise.

The direct train might be slower than connections with a change. Add via xxx maybe.