Solved

Ticket barriers at Warsaw East?

• 28 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

(For the purposes of full disclosure, I am not new here, but since I was last online a year or so ago the Facebook login authentication I was using seems to have stopped working permanently, so I’ve had to create a new account.)

I’m taking the Chopin sleeper from Vienna to Warsaw East (Wschodnia) in a couple of months’ time, but to my shame I wasn’t careful enough when booking and have only reserved as far as Warsaw Gdanska. I don’t really want to cancel and rebook if I can help it, firstly because it seems like overkill, and secondly because Nightjet partner trains now have dynamic pricing, so I might lose money.

I am guessing the most important thing is that the Interrail app ticket and the sleeper berth reservation QR code match up, so I have entered Gdanska rather than Wschodnia into my journey planner, and I’m pretty sure the train attendants won’t care in the slightest if I stay on one more stop. Obviously I can’t just add Gdanska to Wschodnia as a separate trip after the Chopin, as this would start a new travel day.

The only thing I’m still wondering is whether Wschodnia has ticket barriers that I may not be able to pass through with a technically invalid ticket - and if so, whether staff operating them are likely to be reasonable about this or come down on me like a ton of bricks.

Many thanks if you can help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 February 2024, 10:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know, there aren't any ticket barriers for train stations in Poland.

I must admit I didn’t think there were, but felt I ought to ask as I know there have been a lot of station modernisations there over the last decade or so. But very glad to have this confirmed, that’s what I was hoping to hear!

Many thanks