Skip to main content

Hello!

I’m traveling through Europe from April to May, and I’m getting ready way ahead, and working on a schedule.

My question is simple: I’ve understood how the global pass works and I already have the trips selected, I’m just about to reserve the seats.  My question is… How do train times work according to time zones?

For example, on Sat. 22nd April, I will travel from London to Verona. One of the trains I’m reserving leaves London at 07:55h and arrives to Paris at 11:27h.  The thing is that Paris (and mostly the rest of Europe) timezone is +1 hour than the UK.  How does this affect my train times?  If the app says the train leaves at 07:55h, does it really leave at 06:55h (UK time) and I must do all the movements for security control and pasaport checks an hour before the schedule I’ve planned?

I hope you can help me!

Times listed are local for both stations. London - Paris is approx 2h20 journey time.

Train time tables work like airline time tables. All departure times and arrival times are in local time.

And all of the main continent is in same time-zone. Lon-Par takes about 2,5 hrs sitting in the fast €* train. This is also about the only train where you really have to be time before for all the checks.

And all of the main continent is in same time-zone.

Portugal isn’t.