Skip to main content

Hi there,

I’m travelling (family of 4) from Lille to Marseille (starting in UK), next Saturday 25th May.

I wanted to check the seating plan for our TGV and in doing so I’m now having a mild panic. 

Our seat reservation for the TGV (from Rail Europe) states it’s the 14.01,  9830, from Lille. 

Arrives Marseille 18.50.

This train also shows in the b-Europe website and the interail planner. So far so good.

(Our Eurostar arrives into Lille at 13.26)

But when I tried to find a seating plan, I went to the SNCf site and entered the train number and saw that the 9830 is listed as departing at 13.01 and couldn’t see a 14.01???

Is something odd going on that I should be concerned about?

Thanks for any help!

First pic is from the SNCf site, https://www.sncf-voyageurs.com/

This below, is from B-Europe. And of course I have my rail Europe booking that states it’s 14.01 as well. so it looks like you can actually still get seats on the 14.01 so it must be running right??

Seems like that SNCF website (one of many) can’t cope with timezones… always extremely annoying and confusing.

Your TGV definitely leaves at 14:01 but since you’re one hour behind right now in the UK it shows that… all trains according to your screenshot would leave one hour early.

Thank god for that, I thought they’d changed the timetable! 

Thank you for allaying my fears.

Seems like that SNCF website (one of many) can’t cope with timezones… always extremely annoying and confusing.

Your TGV definitely leaves at 14:01 but since you’re one hour behind right now in the UK it shows that… all trains according to your screenshot would leave one hour early.

So stupid and such unnecessary complication to have the site set to adjust based on the timezone of users.

I guess it’s an unwanted bug (I wish it is at least!).