Solved

Tirano - Milano trains in the summer

Hi!

During our journey accross Europe we will be taking the Bernina express from Chur to Tirano over the Alps. We will be arriving in Tirano the 29th of June, and are planning to travel to Milano from there. 

However, on both the Railplanner app and Trenord's (the operator) website there are no trains on this stretch at this date. On Trenords website the usual schedule with trains several times a day stops the 26th of June. After that there is only one connection which says "not purchasable". Is this simply because they have not yet updated their website with summer timetables?

I cannot find any information about construction work on the line. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Here is the link to Trenord's website with the date I want to travel: [https://www.trenord.it/store/#/en/booking/step1?departure=TIRANO&destination=MILANO%20CENTRALE&from=20220629&fromstart=08:00&fromend=23:59](https://www.trenord.it/store/#/en/booking/step1?departure=TIRANO&destination=MILANO%20CENTRALE&from=20220629&fromstart=08:00&fromend=23:59)

icon

Best answer by Angelo 24 May 2022, 14:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo Another one for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @AnnaB!

It looks like there will be works on the line this summer till mid september, when the trains get back on the timetable of Trenitalia.com. You have to wait, till the timetable for this period will be released. It could be possible, that no trains will run and you have to get the replacement bus (in this situation included in Interrail as replacement of the train). 

Badge +1

U read it's now a 3+ h journey, train+bus

Anyone know of a express bus tirano-Milano? 

My worry: if a bus is waiting to take train passengers from wherever it stops, to tirano: a bus has less seats than a train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

U read it's now a 3+ h journey, train+bus

Anyone know of a express bus tirano-Milano? 

My worry: if a bus is waiting to take train passengers from wherever it stops, to tirano: a bus has less seats than a train.

I assume there will be more than one bus waiting :)

Plan B. you could go from Milan to Lugano and catch the reservatiom Compulsory BerninaBus to Tirano.

Is reservation required from Tirano to Milano? If yes, how to book? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-cannot even be done. regional treni. by TreNord.

And again: dont fret if youre again planning far too many monthes ahead: basic schedule as such hardly ever changes, but there may be some works or whatever along some parts-this will only be published a few weeks ahead at beast