Solved

train booking from Venezia St. Lucia to Villach HBF

• 1 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello!

My friend and I are starting our Interrail next week. It is becoming very difficult to book two seats from Venezia St.. Lucia to Villach HBF. We would like to book a night train.

We have tried it on Interrail.com, Treinitalia and OBB's website, and we haven't been able to book them.

We would really appreciate some help and a solution.

Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 August 2023, 20:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One more question, when de are booking the train tickets, where do we apply de eurail/interrail discount?

Nightjet.com is the easiest for many night trains. When you add passengers, you will see a link "Discount card”. Click on it, then click on "International” at the bottom of the list and then on "Interrail / Eurail - Globalpass”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Or you use one of the two railjets trains that start in the morning and afternoon. RJ Venice-Villach-Vienna

Thank you for your answers. We are aware of the schedule.

One more question, when de are booking the train tickets, where do we apply de eurail/interrail discount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are seats available on the train leaving Venezia Santa Lucia at 21:05, but arrival in Villach is then 0:27.

You can also take a train from Venice at 22:04 to Padova and then take a night train from there at 23:43, arriving in Villach at 3:22 but that's in the middle of the night.

Seats are available on nightjet.com for both night trains; add the Eurail/Interrail discount.

But in my opinion Venice and Villach are simply too close for a night train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are seats on nightjet.com or tickets.oebb.at (add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets) for 13.50€ : 21:05 - 00:12.

Keep in mind that you'll arrive at midnight in the middle of nowhere basically. Do you have another destination in mind ?

There are couchettes and sleepers from Bologna but you arrive in Villach at 3 am...

We are trevelling on Wednesday 9th of August. We would like to book a night train to arribe to Villach on the 10th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is your travel date?

Also note that the direct train from Venice arrives in Villach just after midnight.