Solved

Train from Lyon to Annecy. No reservation required but won't the train be full then?

• 17 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Three of us are travelling from Paris to Annecy on July 11. We have made a reservation from Gare Lyons Paris to Lyons Part Dieu, and then we have to change trains in Lyons. The schedule says “No reservations required”/ “You’re ready to board”.  We are concerned that the train might be full. We also only have 12 minutes to change trains in Lyons. The train we hope to catch from Lyons to Annecy leaves at 14:08.

1. Is the afternoon train from Lyons to Annecy typically busy? Can we book a reservation, even if it says “no reservation required”? 
  2. Is 12 minutes enough time for us to get from one train to another in Lyons? There is another train from Lyons to Annecy at 14:50  but we would have to change trains in Chambery, with only.a five minute stop. 
icon

Best answer by seewulf 18 June 2022, 07:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These are TER trains=local withOUT even a chance to make ANy type of REServ-just as it is on the Paris metro.

All these everlastign fears of full trains are not needed. if you are too shy to ask some egoistic French to remove the luggage from seat beside her/him, then learn to be less shy or stand

I have never been to France so I have no idea how full to expect this train to be. I have no problem asking someone to please remove their luggage from a seat, if needed. Thank you for clarifying that it is not possible make a reservation on the local trains. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have never been to France so I have no idea how full to expect this train to be. I have no problem asking someone to please remove their luggage from a seat, if needed. Thank you for clarifying that it is not possible make a reservation on the local trains. 

Correct local trains usually can´t be reserved :)