Solved

Train from Tasch to Zermatt and vice versa

• 27 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello Eurail Community,

I am trying to plan a trip from Tasch (train station) to Zermatt HBF (train station)— these two train stations are like 12 minutes apart. However, if I use the Eurail trip planner, the station Tasch does not come up and so I cannot find and save this trip. Although if I use google map, google map shows that there are RE trains passing thru Tasch going to final destination Zermatt HBF. On another question also, since the said station Tasch does not appear in eurail trip planner, I am not able to find a trip from Strasbourg, France train station to statuon Tasch in Switzerland. Tasch is nearest next station from Zermatt HBF and since our hotel is in Tasch, does this mean I have to go Zermatt HBF first  and then separately buy a diffrent train ticket to go to our hotel near the station Tasch? Pleadr help.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sebastian Emil Sørensen 27 April 2022, 19:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Try with “Taesch” ;-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Nanja I think the search function in the Rail Planner could use an improvement.

A station with a special character like “ä” should be findable by either typing “a” or “ä” or “ae”. 
Same goes for “ö”. It should be able to find “Koln”, “koeln” or “köln”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you don't find a journey in the planner, which you know exists, you can always add it manually. But that's not necessary here.

In any case, the planner does not define or limit which trains or stations you can use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Noone cares you use the exact names in this case. Just use it Zerm and get off near that overpriced expensive mountain hotel-same for next day going back over same rails.

Is there some new hype or so that suddenly it seems that all USAers want to visit Zermatt? A CAR-less village, only a few electric carriers and super-expensive. Has this Rick Steves found some new place to overhype? or is it todays ´social media´? In the past all USAers wanted to visit Interlaken as the ´real’ (and speekee de eengleesj) Swiss-chocolate and cheese included. Cuckoo-clocks however come from a country north of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Noone cares you use the exact names in this case.

That's not the point.

Thank you to all. Appreciate all the help. “Taesch” was defined in the eurail planner. I am ok now. Tasch (without the “e” does not work)

cheers👍

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Zermatt is a great place, especially if you take the Gornergratbahn uphill to see the Matterhorn. (not included in pass as fare as I know).