Skip to main content

Hello,

I am looking for the easiest/cheapest way to book train reservations on the following routes:

Paris to Lyon

Lyon to Nice

Nice to Riomaggiore - do I need a reservation for this route?

Riomaggiore to Florence - do i need a reservation for this route?

Florence to Rome

Rome to Venice 

Vienna to Prague - reservation needed?

Prague to Dresden - reservation needed?

Dresden to Berlin - reservation needed?

Berlin to Cologne - reservation needed?

Cologne to Amsterdam - reservation needed?

Amsterdam to Paris

I am mostly struggling with figuring out what websites to book the reservation for France domestic travel. Some opinions on my other routes would be greatly appreciated.

Paris to Lyon best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SBB CFF FFS, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

Lyon to Nice best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SBB CFF FFS, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

Nice to Riomaggiore - do I need a reservation for this route? Not on regional trains

Riomaggiore to Florence - do i need a reservation for this route? Not on regional trains

Florence to Rome via ÖBB online. Look for this tutorial  - it is a bit tricky

Rome to Venice same via tickets.oebb.at

Vienna to Prague - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB or CD.cz seat only option

Prague to Dresden - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Dresden to Berlin - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Berlin to Cologne - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Cologne to Amsterdam - reservation needed? optional via ÖBB, CD.cz or bahn.com seat only option

Amsterdam to Paris best way via Eurail.com (+2€/seat) or B-Europe (+4€/booking) online or call SNCF, SNCB/NMBS or NS International. 

The 2 fist legs In FR CAN be done on local TER trains=without any RES (both routes ev 2 hrs) but that will take much longer-you can simply use the option on app/planner ´trains without RES´.

Direct Ly->N has very few trains-more choice of you change in Marseille to local TER, from there over same rails anyway.

I assume this Rmag is in the 5 earth? Then change: go direct from there along coast to Roma-then Fir-then Vnz.

You also did not clearly state for When-when its after summer, from sept, from Wien onward simply do not bother-its all  otpional-but B-Ams can get pretty full with noisy pasholders large groups in summer.

Ams->P is direct and hi-cost on hi-speed Thalys-again cut the cost and go via Antwerpen-Lille (changes) and use FRench TGV from there.

The 2 fist legs In FR CAN be done on local TER trains=without any RES (both routes ev 2 hrs) but that will take much longer-you can simply use the option on app/planner ´trains without RES´.

Direct Ly->N has very few trains-more choice of you change in Marseille to local TER, from there over same rails anyway.

I assume this Rmag is in the 5 earth? Then change: go direct from there along coast to Roma-then Fir-then Vnz.

You also did not clearly state for When-when its after summer, from sept, from Wien onward simply do not bother-its all  otpional-but B-Ams can get pretty full with noisy pasholders large groups in summer.

Ams->P is direct and hi-cost on hi-speed Thalys-again cut the cost and go via Antwerpen-Lille (changes) and use FRench TGV from there.

thanks for this! Yes the later half of my trip is in the off season, so hopefully i can get away with reserving only the “musts”!

I will look into the Nice routes you suggested!