Solved

Train Reservations Dec/Jan 2022/23

• 17 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey all, I have purchased 2 euarail passes for myself and my partner to travel this coming December and Janurary. I am struggling to get seat reservations for France and would appreciate any help you can provide! I have read pretty much every post in this community but I keep coming to dead ends. 

I am trying to book TGV trains from Strasbourg to Brussels and Paris to Bordeuax (return). I have so far tried calling SNCF to book and had no luck, I have also tried booking through b-europe but had no luck for booking these trains (was only able to book my thalys trains this way). For some reason the Rail Planner App only has trains available up until the 10th of December and I cannot book any of the trains I need for my holiday through here. 

Does anyone know an alternative way to book? Or when the rail planner app will have the dates available? I am getting worried I will have no way of reaching my destinations due to trains being booked out during the Christmas and New Years periods. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 October 2022, 08:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Every second sunday in december there is the timetable change in Europe. So booking do not open so far like other periods. Some trains are opened for booking but some trains are missing, check the timetable on sncf-connect.com. Eurail.com has not started yet to sell reservations for the new timetable.

The direct TGV Strasbourg-Brussel is not possible to book online via b-europe only via eurail.com. 

The TGV Paris-Bordeaux should be available via travel.b-europe if the new timetable of SNCF is known.

Thank you for your reply!

I have just had a look this morning and the trains are now coming up on both the websites for seat reservations, however they are not available to actually buy seat reservations (attached photos). Does this mean all the reservations for eurail holders have been taken (although I am unsure how, as they have not been available to book)? Or that the timetable is still being finalised so I will have to wait to purchase the reservations? Any ideas of the approximate date I will be able to purchase the reservations if I want to travel on the 3rd Janurary? 

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

These trains don't seem to be open for booking yet. Don't panic, just try again later.