Solved

Train Schedule has changed can't make my connecting Trains

• 8 April 2022
  • 6 replies

So, I make my Reservations that will be on 3 Trains. I then get a text that the first train will arrive 45 minutes later than scheduled, sorry for the inconvenience, etc. I need to make reservations on an earlier train. However when I go to cancel my tickets I am told that they will give me back 68 cents U.S. on a ticket that cost 30.51 plus booking fee??? I cannot find a way to just exchange them. Now the tickets have gone up to 64 U.S. and I can’t get an answer from Eurail. Had this same problem in 2019.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2022, 23:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Don't cancel your reservations. If you do that, it's interpreted that you want to cancel, which you don't. Instead, it's the railways who changed their schedule after you booked and that gives you certain rights.

Could you please specify the trains you've booked? (origin, destination, date, departure time)

Yes I booked from Paris Gare Lyon to Rome. Trains are Paris Gare Lyon to Geneva leaving 10:17 arriving originally at 13:29 to connect to Geneva to Milan at 13:39. Now however the Paris Geneva Train is arriving at 13:46 and I will miss my connection. I now need to change my ticket to get on the 08:17 Train to Geneva which arrives at 11:29. Thanks for replying

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On what date is this?

Sorry May 4th 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurail actually have a page where they explain what to do (see appendix 1). In this case, you'll have to contact Eurail customer service, since the SNCF leg changed.

Since this is a timetable change after you booked, they have to offer an alternative without extra costs. Of course, you can suggest you'd like to leave Paris 2 hours earlier.

Thanks a lot. I just put the request in. Lets hope they respond.