Solved

Train station not found in Eurail App

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I am new here and start my first journey with the GlobalPass in a few days.

In the Rail Planner app I looked for my train connections. Unfortunately, some stations or even ferry connections are not displayed.

Question 1: In this case, do I use the manual travel input in the app?
Question 2: My ticket is then valid for the manually entered trip? What happens if I need reservations for the connection?
Question 3: Where can I find information about which ferries I can use with my ticket? E.g. Zadar (station is not displayed in App) to Ancona

Question 4: Are buses also included in the ticket?

Thank you very much for your support!!! I am looking forward to your answers.

Many greetings
Hella

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 August 2022, 13:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you can’t get the app to display a journey then you can add it manually but only if it is a valid journey.

For a reasonable idea of which operators you can use look on app under More - Rail network Guides.

You should not rely on the app having fully accurate schedules, it runs offline and is not updated as often as other sources.

Use websites of local operators and better European operators that have up to date schedules available, such as https://www.bahn.com/en

Reservations are separate from the app/pass. For all trains with compulsory reservations and any others that you may wish to get reservations for you will have to search for them on interrail site reservations section or other external sources, many of which are explained here:

Buses and ferries are not normally included in interrail global pass. There are some exceptions but best assume they are not included unless you are told otherwise.

Some ferry operators offer discounts for pass holders, this is not part of pass validity using a travel day but an additional benefit, details are on interrail website or in app under More - Benefits.

Jadrolinija Zadar - Ancona is not one that has any interrail discount.

SNAV Split - Ancona is listed as 20% discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ferry companies offering a discount can be found on the Benefits portal:

https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/

When you only get a discount, then do not enter the ferry into the app because you do not need to use a travel day.