Train to Ljubljana from Budapest, bus transfer - where to get on the bus?

I am getting the train from budapest to ljubljana tomorrow and there is a bus from veszpram to ajka. I have very little time between the transfers so any advice on where to get on the bus in relation to the station would be helpful. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just follow the crowd. Do you really think you are the 1 and only to worry about that? Plus that in these areas of the world trains have conductors/tresses who often take their job seriously to help out all the confused pax Take these bus times just as a very rough ´perhaps we should do it like that´

It is due to longer term electrification works on that part in HU of the line-and as its only single track, they have to do.

There are of course ALT-with more changes, but all on the rails-and the advanatge of a pass is that you can freely change: via Wien-Graz, will even take not that much longer as speeds are much higher on fast lines.

OR check how to reach Szombathely in HU-to board this train onward, via Györ. Local IC-trains IN HU must be RES-best done at a machine for like 4/500 HUF only

Hi niamh

i was also going to travel from Budapest to Ljubljana but assumed there was a direct night train. Have u heard somewhere that’s there’s a rail replacement service? 

Thankyou 

Badge

Alternative without bus replacements that we took last week is Budapest-Zagreb-Ljubljana, there’s direct trains Ljubljana-Zagreb (nice journey) and Zagreb-Budapest. We stayed one night in Zagreb. It’s a less touristy and more authentic feeling than Budapest and Ljubljana for us. We took day trains, not night trains.