Solved

Trains from France back to Germany only in the afternoon

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I‘m planning my Interrail in France this Summer and I have some problems right know with finding a train on my last day back home to Germany.

I’ve looked in several regions and even in Paris but I only find trains who start late in the afternoon or even in the evening which means I always need two travelling days and I have to wait in Germany at some point in the night several hours before the next train leaves and I reach my home early the next morning. I live in Reutlingen in South-West Germany.

It’s kind of frustrating that I can’t find any trains who leaves in the morning, even with expensive seat reservations. Often the Interrail App just shows me one single train each day, even from big train stations…

It seems that this problem is only on my last day when I need to cross the German border.

Maybe I’ve missed something but I could really need some help why this is the case and how I can solve it.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 19 June 2023, 16:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What route and date do you want to travel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These cross-border TGVs are very popular, especially due to the French & German goverments offer.

However there are alternatives : the easiest one is TGV to Strasbourg (10-20€) and then regional train to Appenweier or Offenburg. Also via Lauterbourg or via Mulhouse and Müllheim, etc.

As Anna said, let us know the travel date and we'll gladly help.

Hey both of you, thanks for replying so fast.

I think I already solved it myself by searching for a route to the next bigger train station near my hometown on the Railplanner App and then looking for a train/bus on my DB-App.